Samoa International Cricket Association
Partnering with Auckland Cricket
Since 2004 Auckland Cricket has been involved with the Samoa International Cricket Association (SICA) as part of the ICC's East Asia Pacific's Development programme.
Find out what's been happening with the ICC's development programme in the latest instalment of the Pacific Pull Shot.
As part of this pertnerships Auckland Cricket provides a range of assistance to SICA to help them develop cricket, such as:
- Coach & umpire education and training
- Administration advice & strategic planning
- National squad, elite development and tournament preparation
- Junior development and school programs
- Collection of used and/or excess equipment (bats, pads, gloves, etc) from local clubs for donation to your partner country
- Fundraising (e.g. auction/raffle of cricket memorabilia, organisation of quiz night etc.) to raise funds to be put back into the partnership for the benefit of the partner country
- Host country team tours and player placements
- High profile promotional and fundraising visits
- Provision of cricket resources and promotional material
One of the main aims for SICA in the near future is to try and move from being an affiliate to an assoicate member, and with it access to greater funding for development of the game within Samoa.
This involves them achieving targets in a number of areas but one of the big ones is performances on the field. In recent times both the national men's and women's sides have had international success with the men about to head into a World Twenty20 qualifying tournament in Papua New Guinea.
Click here for scores and scorecards from the tournament.
For more information about cricket in Samoa and SICA click here.
Samoa get fighting fit before big tournament
Samoa cruise to ICC EAP qualifying tournament win
Samoan women get the TV treatment
Samoa lose out to Japan
Samoan women prepare for next step to World Cup
Samoan Women take out first international series
Samoan Women prepare to break new ground
And to find out more about the work that ICC East Asia Pacific are doing in the region with Samoa and other countries click here and see the latest edition of their video diary The Pacific Pull Shot below.